Monday, January 16, 2012

Wellness First

Stress eating is my biggest downfall. When I'm stressed or tired from being stressed all I want to do is shove food in my mouth. I've done so well over the past year to find other ways of coping with stress besides plowing my way through the food in the fridge. All of those other coping mechanisms have seem to have failed me this week.

I don't know if it's because I was in Charleston with good friends, good food, and good drinks, or if I truly just don't care right now. It can't be the latter. I won't let it be the latter. I do care. I have to care.

Sure I'm not working. Sure we've got bills to pay. Sure we're living three hours apart. But when all is said and done if we get through all of those obstacles, and I've lost my grip on my wellness, I'll be no better off than I am right now. Stressed, but still healthy.

I cannot lose focus. I've worked too hard to put it all behind me. This is exactly what happened the last time I lost a significant amount of weight. I moved, started a new job, didn't have a routine, and bam, gained 36 lbs in a year. THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN!

So I actually put together a meal plan for this week and went grocery shopping based on those items and recipes. I'm making a point to cook things that will give me leftovers. If I don't feel like cooking one day, I have the option to go to something already healthy and prepared, instead of grazing on a multitude of things I can do without.

I'm dreading my weigh-in this Wednesday. I was out of town this past week so I missed it. I hate when the scale says I've gained. I feel like I'm not only letting myself down, but letting down all of the people that have supported me, stood by me, and have been inspired by me. Like I'm a fraud and can't really do this for life.

I'm trying not to sound whiny. I hate when I sound whiny. Just a little bump on the road, but I'll be back on track in no time. 

4 comments:

  1. You can do it! Stay positive, a positive attitude will help so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can totally do this. One healthy choice at a time. One key is not let a bad week derail everything you've worked for - and it sounds like you know that already. You've done amazing things already and will continue to do them. I admire the positive outlook you're keeping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Food is my go-to-vice as well. Hang tough in there, lady. Just remember to keep your eye on wellness. You've got this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can totally do this! I'm cheering for you! :)

    ReplyDelete